Monday, September 29, 2014

Unit Summary

Unit Summary
-A-
 
In this Units a learnt:
 
1. Net force: The overall forces acting on a object (gravity, weight, friction) and is measured in Newton's. If an object has a netforce of 0N then it is at Equilibrium.
2. Equilibrium: The stage where the net force on the object adds up to 0N, so the object would either be at rest, or moving at a constant Velocity.
3. Velocity: Velocity is basically speed but in a specific direction, and formulas for getting speed are,
                            v = at,    or v = d/t
Adding to these formulas we also had to differentiate between graphs that had increase decrease or constant acceleration
4. Speed: Speed is the distance an object travels at a specific time but in any direction.
5. Acceleration: Acceleration is the increase of Velocity overtime. Formulas are:
                                             d=1/2at^2,       a = change in v/t
If an object is accelerating it can never have a constant velocity vise versa. The different graphs showing increase, decrease and constant acceleration are one of the more challenging things we learnt
6. Problem solving questions: I learnt the basics to solving a problem that we either still didn't learn or exceeded our difficulty, this helped me a lot, with other algebra 2 questions as well.
 
B-
The experiments we did with the hovercraft really helped me visualize the topic and helped me remember it in the test. Every time I throw a ball in the air I remember the experiment when it stated that there is no force making the ball move upwards.
The car video, which showed that a person in the car will continue to move when the car slows down as it was already moving, this was another, thing that helped me visualize the experiment in the test.

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you incorporated your unit video at the end. I also like how concise your blog post is as a whole - its easy to read and understand. The only thing I would change would be to add an example where the formulas were used. Nice job, though!

    ReplyDelete